Thursday, October 16, 2014

the PROS of Conference

My dear family and friends,

Hello!
It has been a great week in the work of the lord! We have found 4 new woman who are interested in learning about the restored gospel! a new transfer has started and we will have another whirlwind of exchanges this month, as well as president interviews, and screening of "Meet the Mormons."

I am touched to realize how much god loves ME. His love for me does not increase because I’m  his missionary, I don't get more love than any other when I follow his commandments. it is simply his desire to bless and care for us. 

Watching the woman's broadcast Saturday really became aware of this love. we had three investigators show up, donna, brenda (who is now out of the hospital and doing well), and audrey (a daughter of a less-active). As it started I kept looking for answers to their questions, their concerns and words that could relive their heartache. I was a little stressed from trying to make sure everyone was happy and having the best experience possible, I was praying that they would get what they needed when the holy ghost communicated a message to me from my father in heaven. He said,

"Don't worry about them, this is for you."

yes my role as a missionary is important, but must never overshadow my purpose as a daughter of god which is to get back to him. he used the broadcast as a loving way to remind myself I am of great value and worth. NO MATTER WHAT. or as Pres Monson said last year, "that love never changes. it is simply always there." We simply have to be still and seek it. and it will be given. 

The Lord has given me many tender mercies lately (or perhaps my eyes are simply opened recently to them). I am so grateful for the savior and for the experiences I receive in his service. they ranged this week from, talking about god with a lady as we walked her dogs, working with 11 other sister missionaries to develop a mini message for all the sisters in the mission, to mopping floors. 

I get so much more out of what I give god than he does. He build that into his masterful loving plan.

1 Chronicles 28:9
"Know thou the god of thy father, and serve him with a perfect heart and with a willing mind: for the Lord searcheth all hearts, and understandeth all the imaginations of our thoughts: if thou seek him, he will be found of thee: but if thou forsake him, he will cast thee off forever."

This weekend is a perfect opportunity to seek the Lord with general conference right around the corner. I challenge all of you to pray, watch, listen and record. Ask the lord for guidance, and with pen in hand, he will give it to you. He's done it for me, so he will do it for you.

Love, 

sister Snow

No comments:

Post a Comment