Thursday, October 16, 2014

This might not make sense, but it makes sense to me

My heart doesn't know where to start. there have been tender mercies, miracles and struggles this past week. My BELOVED companion sister mason had to go home early! She had been getting really bad migraine headaches that won't go away. She went home on Saturday, because that is where she is going to get the quickest, best treatment. In the meantime I was with the Hermanas for two days (the Spanish sisters) getting a sneak peek at what it would feel like to be a new missionary in a foreign country. Just last night my new companion, Sister Arndt arrived in Simi. It is right in the middle of the transfer and it was a shock to her, but we both know THIS is where the lord wants us to be. 

I have never quite had a week like this before in the mission....

 I spent a lot of time studying and making visual aids. Last week the family history center closed down so we had to go to the public library and there were many people I was able to talk to their as we waited. I was able on Wednesday to go out on an exchange with Sister Guthrie, so I was reunited with an old companion! We saw many miracles together. Then We tried to go to zone conference, but Sister Mason was feeling terrible- we ended up listening to half of it in the mothers lounge that has speakers from the chapel. We sat there in the dark and made some fun comments. 

Sister Mason is a great example to me of enduring to the end. She never complained about the pain she was in, she never ask, "why me?" she simply kept going, and when it was physically impossible to move forward, she patiently waited, and waited, and waited. It was a sacred opportunity for me to be able to serve her and try to ease the load she carried. Charity never faileth. 

We all have our own crosses to bear. Some and divinely appointed to perfectly fit upon our backs. others we hold on to and pick up. God doesn't want us carrying any extra loads around. He didn't die for us to feel discouraged and hopeless, he dies to give us courage AND hope. 

I am reminded of how much love there is in the world. It is powerful. I wish everyone would embrace the love they can have in the gospel: love of god, love of a ward family, love of a family centered on Christ. I feel truly blessed.

"Every experience can become a redemptive experience if we remain bonded to our father in heaven through that difficulty. these difficult lessons teach us that man's extremity is god's opportunity, and if we will be humble and faithful, if we will be believing and not curse God for our problems, he can turn the unfair and inhumane and debilitating prisons of our lives into temples-or at least into a circumstance that can bring comfort and revelation, divine companionship, and peace."

-Elder Holland Lessons from Liberty Jail (I was there in the Marriot Center for that address!)

No comments:

Post a Comment