Thursday, October 16, 2014

Hymn REMIX, and He remixes us

"I believe in Christ
So come what may... 

...Tis better far for us to strive
our useless cares, from us to drive...

...I know that my Redeemer lives
What comfort this sweet sentence gives..."

the lyrics to these three hymns could suffice for my letter this week, but I will elaborate. It is my faith and trust in Christ that has helped me through this last week as I have been far away from my family going through difficulty. Already having learned the lesson that we must go through sorrow to know joy, I entered this opposition more calmly than ever before in my life. Strife can turn us to god, who will send his spirit to not just comfort but sanctify us. He will make us holy. Our sufferings and pain will set us apart from the world. I my mind the supreme chirstlike example is saying as he said, thy will be done. When this is said and done victory will follow. not because of our efforts but because Christ will give us the strength and the wisdom to endure.

I know that anyone, no EVERYONE who faces opposition, justly or unjustly will become a better more Christ like person as the face adversity shoulder to should with Christ.

This week I have felt the atonement carry me. What does that mean? It meant I gave it all over to God, I surrendered my will, and an amazing thing happens. peace. I don't just feel peace, I become peace. Only god can lull his children so perfectly during a turmoil of uncontrolled factors whirling around them. 

I know god puts us exactly where we need to be and with whom we need to be with. Sister Arndt has been amazing this week. Her dad had cancer when she was in jr high and was able to relate to me and understand what my family is going through. She is very loving. I am truly blessed to have Sister Arndt as my companion. She desires to do the lords work the lords way. there is no better way. 

Family, you are wonderful and can do this. God has untrusted to us a big challenge. He desires us to learn the lessons he has crafted for us. I know that the words of isaiah are true. that God is the potter and we are the clay. He shapes us. Sometimes we are content to be a lump of clay. on the potters wheel there is a lot of pressure and change. But god doesn't intend us to be lumps of clay. He is determined to make us into beautiful vases, cups and bowls, full of purpose use and beauty. You can do this. all the while don't forget to

read
pray
go to church/the temple

Love,
Sister Kait Snow

No comments:

Post a Comment